Home Performance Analysis
We offer support with practical, tailored advice to lower your energy bills, improve indoor air quality, and help you stay healthier in both summer and winter, regardless of whether you are an owner-occupier, landlord, or tenant.
We also provide NZ Green Building certified assessments and certification of compliance with Rental Tenancies Act 2016 for homeowners and landlords.
What we cover:
- Energy-efficient window solutions for all budgets
- Insulation, including where you need it and the types available
- Heating options and their relative cost-effectiveness
- Mould, and keeping your house dry
- Energy-efficient lighting options
- Recommendations of service providers and products
- Advice on smart water use, reducing waste and being more sustainable
HomeFit — Healthy Homes Assessment
Go Eco has a team of qualified HomeFit assessors that can provide an independent appraisal of your home. HomeFit is a NZ Green Building Council initiative providing simple practical tools to ensure homes are warm and healthy.
Go Eco is proud to be part of this programme and promote it as a tool for both homeowners and landlords because everyone deserves to have decent housing, whether they rent or own. The appraisal looks at damp, mould, insulation, heating, ventilation and other key areas.
Homes that pass will be awarded a HomeFit stamp, showing that it is warm, dry, safe and efficient. All appraisals come with a comprehensive report and, if needed, any recommendations to improve the performance of your home.
Please check out the HomeFit online check.
Services we offer
- Certificate of Compliance with Rental Tenancies Act 2016
- HomeFit assessment
- Advice for tenants on how to
- Home warrant of fitness assessment — comprehensive assessment, including report and Certificate of Compliance with Rental Tenancies Act 2016
For organisations and groups:
- Home performance workshops covering a range of topics to help our homes be warmer, drier and healthier, including:
- Understanding your home and how it works
- Heating options
Our Curtain Bank is open at Go Eco on the 3rd Wednesday of the month between February and November of each year. Curtains are available for a donation and a sewing machine is available for mending and making your own. Alternatively, assistance for small repairs is also available at the Fair Share Market on the second Saturday of the month at our premise at 188 Commerce Street, Frankton, Hamilton.
We upcycle preloved curtains and welcome donations of mould free curtains in good repair, hooks and other notions.
Our curtain bank provides workshops for renters and first homeowners about energy and warm homes on a budget and includes curtain measuring and hanging skills. If you wish to book a workshop for your community please get in touch.
There are volunteer opportunities for coordinating, repairing and curtain making, to find out more please email us.